Ready for competition racing or an exciting day sail.
The Joysway DragonForce 65, or DF65, is currently the best selling RC yacht in the world. This is simply due to the concept and design. The DF65 was eveloped in collaboration between Joysway and cutting edge R/C yacht designers. First released in February 2013, the DF65 is an affordable competition class RC yacht that can be enjoyed by serious racing sailors thirsty for competition or the casual day sailor. Advanced hull design and sails designed to a competition specification make the DragonForce 65 outperform yachts over ten times the price! The DF65 is based on the ICE design with an ABS hull, profiled aluminium fin and molded plastic rudder. It features a full size, low aspect rig with carbon spars and a ball bearings in the gooseneck.
The DragonForce 65 is a recognized competition RC yacht that can be sailed in the restricted DF65 Class which is recognized by the American Model Yachting Association, with well defined rules and RC associations that are located worldwide. With DF65 clubs all over North America, chances are there is a group near you sailing one! The perfect boat to start you own group sailing as well.
Having a Joysway DragonForce means that, should you like to, you can usually find a location local to you to learn sailing tips and how to configure sails or rigging, compare (and hone) your sailing skills against others, participate in local, state, national or even international competitions. Check out the DF65 USA Class Owners Association.
Due to the boats popularity and success, there have been a number of gradual improvements to the design and manufacture of the DragonForce 65 to make it even better. This is a link to HobbyWarehouse in Australia that illustrates the Evolution of the DF65 .
- Length: 650mm (25.6")
- Beam: 116.5mm (4.59")
- Rig Height: 915mm (36.02")
- Overall height: 1338mm (52.68")
- RTR total weight: 1200g (2.65 bs) (Batteries not included)
- Sail area (Mainsail): 1460cm² (226.3 in²)
- Sail area (Jib): 766cm² (118.73 in²)
- Sail area (overall): 2226cm² (345.03 in²)
- Hull material: Moulded ABS with painted finish with logo stickers
- Sail material: 50 micron mylar
- RTR and RTR FS-i6 Upgrade versions are ready to race or sail, out of the box with four AA batteries!
- Rudder servo and powerful winch servo included.
- Plastic display stand included.
- Zinc alloy ballast and Aluminium Alloy Keel.
- Counterweighted jib.
- Rubber bow bumper.
- "A-rig" and sails, plus bowsies, dyneema cord and necessary accessories are all included.
- Instruction manual.
- RTR version requires : 8 AA batteries ( 4 for transmitter, 4 for the boats receiver)
Ready to Race out of the box means all you will need to provide is your own batteries! Transmitter is provided and receiver is already installed. The DF65 RTR version is shipped with everything necessary to get started. Preinstalled servo's, preassembled booms, sails, fittings etc. All you need to do is assemble the spars, mast, hang the sails, setup your radio system and go race!
Instruction Manual: DF65 V6 Manual
New features on the DF65 Version 6 Include:
- 50 Micron Mylar " A" Sails, ships flat in box, with corner reinforcement, battens, eyelets and improved jib luff
- Boom Vang redesigned to be easy to adjust, better connection to boom
- Redesigned "no flex" Servo tray, featuring improved control arm geometry
- New Jib forestay fitting for easier more consistent jib rigging
- Upgraded digital rudder servo
- New Keel Bolt main sheet guide fitting, to stabilize main sheet ring
- Upgraded radio, with improved adjustment
- Redesigned rudder post, to improve fit and stability
- Recessed deck track for eyelets, and improved under deck plastic insert to keep eyelets waterproof with out extra glue
- Retooled mould designed to make boat more durable / thicker
Spare parts availability:
Being the worlds best selling RC yacht, spare parts you might need are readily available from Dragon Sailing North America to keep your afternoons and weekends on the water! DF65 parts are so low in cost that many hobbyists now use them as replacement parts for other rc boat models.