Wooden Columbia Limited Edition Model Sailboat
With the graceful speed of the waves, unbound freedom of the wind and winning spirit of her famous namesake, these Limited Edition model sail boats of the Columbia racing yacht will brighten any room with her presence. Sailing atop a shelf, mantle or table this elegant yacht model is the perfect highlight for an office or meeting room, bedroom or beach house.
32" L x 4" W x 35" H (1:49 scale)
- Authentic museum-quality scale replica of the real Columbia racing yacht
- Individual plank on frame construction of the hull using fine quality woods, with each plank and wood grain visible through the paint
- High quality craftsmanship and details, including:
- Increased details and items on deck compared to standard models
- Brass wire railing running along gunwales
- Clear window panes in all deckhouses
- Lifeboats with accurate design and curved bottom
- Accurate scale of all deck and hull components
- Thick, sturdy canvas used for all sails
- Limited production run—only 100 of this model!
- Certificate of Authenticity individually numbered and signed by the Master Builder.
- Significant research to guarantee accuracy of this model includes sources such as photos, historical plans and original artwork
- Pre-assembled, simply attach the masts and display
- Ready to display in less than five minutes
- Separate pre-assembled hull and sails ensure safe shipping and lower cost
- Insert mast in designated hole and clip brass rigging hooks as shown in illustrations
- Sails and rigging already complete
Columbia was the defender of the tenth America's Cup race in 1899 against British challenger Shamrock as well as the defender of the eleventh America's Cup race in 1901 against British challenger, Shamrock II. It was the first vessel to win the trophy twice in a row (a record not equalled until Intrepids back-to-back wins in 1967 and 1970.)